We are trying to get a count on how many racers are committed to attending the 45th Annual Idaho Regatta.
Please read the below message from the Idaho Regatta Committee and then click here to take our survey.
PLEASE READ ENTIRELY !!!
The Burley Idaho Regatta Committee has been hard at it to determine the best solution for everyone involved with our event. We are taking into consideration all aspects of the event. Our first and foremost concern is the economic impact that this shut down has caused for our Sponsors, Spectators/Fans and Racers. We do not want to contribute to the hardships being face by our racing families, our loyal Spectators/Fans and last but not least our amazing Sponsors that continue to support us every year. With out these three groups this race would not be possible.
We are working hard to sift through all the requirements and government protocol that is effecting our decision on whether we will will be holding the 45th annual Burley Idaho Regatta. According to Governor Brad Little the state of Idaho will be reopening in 4 stages. The stages are outlined on their website link at the bottom if you would like to see what we are dealing with. In addition to this we are attempting to get answers from the South Central Idaho Heath District as to the requirements we would have to meet in order to hold the event.
Given the current guidelines published today it is going to be a very tough call to make by the May 20th deadline that we have set for ourselves. If there are any setbacks at all in the stages laid out in the guidelines we will not be able to have the race. If everything goes as planed we will still be very close to not being able to meet the requirements set forth in the guide lines.
The good new in all this is that as of right now we are still planing to have a race. We are more than likely going to have to make some severe cuts to the program to do it. Due to the lack of sponsorship money and the economic hard ship that everyone is experiencing there may not be a possibility of Tow Money for this years event. We should be able to provide trophies and dinner. We will be able to provide our upmost respect and a appreciation for our Racers if the Tow Money is not able to be provided.
We hope that everything will work out for the best. We also hope that everyone will understand our situation and accept the out come of whatever happens. We have the greatest Fans, Racers, Sponsors and Family members that any group could ask for.
May 20th will be our final decision, if it is not made before that date.
Thank You Everyone
Burley Idaho Regatta Committee
Guideline link; https://rebound.idaho.gov/…/2020/04/opening-up-guidlines.pdf